Year long studio bursary in partnership with One Thoresby Street
3 July 2017
One Thoresby Street is home to a vibrant community of artists and plays a significant role in the dynamic Nottingham art scene. One Thoresby Street was an exhibition partner for the launch of Bloomberg New Contemporaries in September 2015.
This is the second year of the studio bursary opportunity with Sophie Giller (BNC 15) as the previous recipient in 2016, commenting on the opportunity:
“My residency bursary with New Contemporaries at One Thoresby Street studios has allowed me to move and experience a new city, expand my artist practice enormously, and allowed me to be part of an exciting community of artists in both the Thoresby Street studios, and the wider group of artists across the other artist-led spaces”.
Benefits of the studio and membership include:
• Lockable personal studio with 24hr access & inclusive wifi
• Access to a vibrant community of members with a range of skills and varied artistic practices • Access to in house fabrication & technical advise service
• Opportunity for solo exhibition in OTS project space
• Opportunity to present work in the OTS external street-facing light-box.
To be considered please read the application requirements and criteria below.
Autumn 2017 – Autumn 2018
• You must have exhibited as part of Bloomberg New Contemporaries between 2010 and 2016 inclusive.
• The bursary is for studio space and membership only and does not cover any living costs (OTS can provide help & assistance if recipient is relocating)
• You must agree to produce 4 blogs for the New Contemporaries website over the year describing your experience of having the space.
To apply please submit one PDF document set in 11 point font containing the information below presented in the following order:
1. Artists CV containing contact details. No more than 1 page of A4.
2. Short statement of no more than 300 words about your work.
3. Summary of no more than 300 words explaining how the opportunity will benefit your practice.
4. Short statement of no more than 300 words describing how you plan to use the studio and contribute to One Thoresby Street life. For artists applying that are not currently based in Nottingham, it would be useful to understand how you are going to support yourself, as living expenses are not included in the bursary.
5. Which year you exhibited in Bloomberg New Contemporaries.
6. A maximum of 5 images of your work. Including title, year of completion and medium of work. Please note that these works must have been completed within the last 2 years. We are unable to view moving image work as part of this application process, but you are more than welcome to include stills.
Send PDF application to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 10:00am Monday 31 July 2017.
Please number the pages and put your name on each page. Please entitle your PDF document in the following way: FirsnameLastname_OTSStudio2017
Regrettably only applications submitted in the format above will be considered. We will let you know if you have been successful by the 14th August 2017.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Previous StorySaelia Aparicio Torinos Studio Bursary with Sarabande
Next StoryAndrea Zucchini Studio Bursary with SPACE