New Contemporaries is delighted to offer a studio residency opportunity in partnership with Hospitalfield, Angus from 2 to 28 September 2019.
To be considered please read the information below.
Autumn Residency information:
- Dates: 2 to 28 September 2019
- £1,000 research and development bursary (travel costs not included).
- The New Contemporaries alumni would be in residence with circa 6 UK-based visual artists.
- The residency at Hospitalfield includes full board with meals prepared by their chef on weekdays. Accommodation is provided within Hospitalfield House and cottage. You can work within the shared historic studios, your room or within the house and grounds.
- For more info please see: http://hospitalfield.org.uk/residencies/
- You must have exhibited as part of Bloomberg New Contemporaries between 2012 and 2017 inclusive.
- You must agree to produce a minimum of 1 blog for the New Contemporaries website over the residency.
To apply please submit one PDF document set in 11 point font containing the information below presented in the following order:
- Artists CV containing contact details. No more than 1 page of A4.
- Short statement of no more than 300 words about your work.
- Summary of no more than 300 words explaining how the opportunity will benefit your practice.
- A maximum of 5 images of your work or vimeo links (please include passwords for password protected videos). Including title, year of completion and medium of work. Please note that these works must have been completed within the last 2 years.
- The year you were part of Bloomberg New Contemporaries.
Please send a PDF application to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 10:00am on Monday 17th June 2019.
Please number the pages and put your name on each page. Title your PDF document in the following way: FirsnameLastname_HospitalfieldStudio2019
Regrettably only applications submitted in the format above will be considered.
We will let you know if you have been successful by the beginning of July 2019. Regrettably, we are unable to offer feedback on unsuccessful applications.