Submissions for Bloomberg New Contemporaries 2019 are now open and will close 28 January 2019.
For Full Guidelines here
To Apply here
Who is eligible to apply?
Bloomberg New Contemporaries 2019 is open to individual artists or collaborative groups who meet the criteria specified below.
Collaborative partnerships and group applications are eligible as long as at least one member of the group meets these criteria. Applicants must be one of the following:
- Undergraduates in the final year of a degree in fine art at a UK college*
- Postgraduates enrolled on a degree in fine art at a UK college
- Those who graduated from either an Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in fine art* at a UK college, in the 2017 - 18 academic year
- Current participants on an alternative learning programme*
- Those completing an alternative programme of study within the last 12 months.
* 'College' here refers to Higher Education institutions offering recognised degree qualifications at undergraduate or postgraduate level. Students enrolled in Art & Design Foundation courses are not eligible.
* 'Fine Art' here refers to the visual arts including but not limited to painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, video, audio, performance and installation. Graduates of applied arts courses are not eligible. 'Applied Arts' here refers to the application of design and aesthetics to objects of function and everyday use.
* ‘Alternative learning programme’ refers to programmes, formally recognised by the sector that operate broadly as alternatives to BA or MA study. These programmes must have been established before 2016 and offer artists an opportunity to develop their practice in an environment outside of a ‘college’ as defined above.
Regrettably, residencies and informal peer-to-peer networks that do not have a clearly defined process of application or recruitment are not eligible to apply. Currently we are accepting applications from the following programmes: AltMFA, Islington Mill Academy, Open School East, Royal Drawing School, School of the Damned, The Syllabus, TOMA and Turps Art School.
Is there an application fee?
New Contemporaries is an educational charity (No. 1013848). The administrative costs associated with giving proper attention to the huge number of submissions we receive each year mean that we must charge an application fee. The charge is currently £25
See guidelines here
Please write to email@example.com with any further queries that are not answered in the guidelines.
New Contemporaries can assist artists with the application process who may identify as having a disability. Please contact us at submissions@newcontemporaries.