Submissions for New Contemporaries 2021 are now closed. Submissions for 2022 will open in January, please check back for details, eligibility and application process.
Being selected for New Contemporaries programme includes:
- Exhibiting as part of Bloomberg New Contemporaries exhibitions in two venues, an artist’s fee and reasonable travel and accommodation costs covered for the private view of both exhibitions;
- Participating in New Contemporaries Bridget Riley Artists’ Professional Development Programme, which includes 1to1 mentoring delivered in partnership with Artquest; Peer Networking Sessions; Symposia and other educational opportunities;
- Contributing to our Digital Programme of blogs, vlogs, workshops, events and the opportunity to present work on our online spaces;
- Being eligible, as alumni, for Studio Bursaries, Residencies, Scholarships and other opportunities;
- Being part of a network of other participating artists and previous alumni that spans over 70 years including: post-war figures Frank Auerbach, Bruce Lacey and Paula Rego; pop artists Frank Bowling, Patrick Caulfield and David Hockney; new media pioneers Stuart Brisley, Helen Chadwick and Derek Jarman; YBAs Damien Hirst, Chris Ofili and Gillian Wearing; alongside contemporary figures such as Tacita Dean, Sunil Gupta, Mark Leckey and Mona Hatoum; and more recently a new generation of exceptional artists including Monster Chetwynd, Rachel Maclean, Haroon Mirza, Hardeep Pandhal, Laure Prouvost and Lynette Yiadom-Boakye.
We are committed to inclusion and equal opportunities and encourage submissions from artists of all backgrounds, ages, genders, socio-economic backgrounds, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, and from those who identify as having a disability.
We are happy to assist artists who may identify as having a disability with the application process. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An audio version of the guidelines can be found on each page and a step-by-step video on uploading your submission can be found here:
Download the full 2021 Submission Guidelines here:
New Contemporaries 2021 Submission Guidelines