The opportunity to apply for a free studio and membership at One Thoresby Street is open to all Bloomberg New Contemporaries Alumni from the last 7 years (2009 to 2015 inclusive).
One Thoresby Street is home to a vibrant community of artists and plays a significant role in the dynamic Nottingham art scene. One Thoresby Street was an exhibition partner for the launch of Bloomberg New Contemporaries in September 2015.
Benefits of the studio and membership include:
• Lockable personal studio with 24hr access
• Access to a vibrant community of members with a range of skills and varied artistic practices
• Access to in house fabrication & technical advise service
• Opportunity to self-initiate projects/events/exhibitions in their project space
To be considered please read the application requirements and criteria below.
June 2016 – May 2017
• You must have exhibited as part of Bloomberg New Contemporaries between 2009 and 2015 inclusive.
• The bursary is for studio space and membership only and does not cover any living costs.
• You must agree to produce 4 blogs for our website over the year describing your experience of having the space.
To apply please submit one PDF document set in 11 point font containing the information below presented in the following order:
1. Artists CV containing contact details. No more than 1 page of A4.
2. Short statement of no more than 300 words about your work.
3. Summary of no more than 300 words explaining how the opportunity will benefit your practice.
4. Short statement of no more than 300 words describing how you plan to use the studio and contribute to One Thoresby Street life. For artists applying that are not currently based in Nottingham, it would be useful to understand how you are going to support yourself, as living expenses are not included in the bursary.
5. Which year you exhibited in Bloomberg New Contemporaries.
6. A maximum of 5 images of your work. Including title, year of completion and medium of work. Please note that these works must have been completed within the last 2 years. We are unable to view moving image work as part of this application process, but you are more than welcome to include stills.
Send PDF application to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 10:00am Tuesday 3 May 2016.
Please number the pages and put your name on each page. Please entitle your PDF document in the following way: FirsnameLastname_OTSStudio2016
Regrettably only applications submitted in the format above will be considered. We will let you know if you have been successful by 20 May 2016. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on unsuccessful applications.