Bloomberg New Contemporaries 2018
Who is eligible to apply?
- Undergraduates in the final year of degree in Fine Art at a UK college*
- Postgraduates enrolled on a degree in Fine Art at a UK college*
- Those who graduated from either an Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in Fine Art in the 2016 – 17 academic year*
- Current participants on alternative learning programmes*
- Those completing an alternative programme of study within the last 12 months
N.B. 'Fine Art' here refers to the visual arts including but not limited to painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, video, audio, performance and installation. Graduates of applied arts courses are not eligible. 'Applied Arts' here refers to the application of design and aesthetics to objects of function and everyday use.
N.B. 'College' here refers to Higher Education institutions offering recognised degree qualifications at undergraduate or postgraduate level. Students enrolled in Art & Design Foundation courses are not eligible.
N.B. ‘Alternative learning programme’ refers to programmes, formally recognised by the sector that operate broadly as alternatives to BA or MA study. These programmes must have been established before 2016 and offer artists an opportunity to develop their practice in an environment outside of a ‘college’ as defined above. Regrettably, informal peer-to-peer networks that do not have a clearly defined process of application or recruitment are not eligible to apply at this point in time.
Is there an application fee?
New Contemporaries is an educational charity (No. 1013848). The administrative costs associated with giving proper attention to the huge number of submissions we receive each year mean that we must charge an application fee. The charge is currently £25.
Please write to email@example.com with any further queries.